Disclaimer: Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
- Beemsterboer PL. Ethics and Law in Dental Hygiene, 3rd edition. St. Louis, MO. Elsevier. 2017.
- American Dental Association. Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct. Accessed August 13, 2019.
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association. Code of Ethics for Dental Hygienists. Accessed August 13, 2019.
- Beauchamp TL, Childress J. Principles of Biomedical Ethics, 7th edition. New York, NY. Oxford University Press. 2013.
- Veatch RM. The Basics of Bioethics, 3rd edition. New Jersey. Pearson. 2012.
- Frankena WK, Ethics, 2nd edition. New Jersey. Prentice-Hall. 1963.
- Rule JT, Veatch RM. Ethical Questions in Dentistry, 2nd edition. Chicago, IL. Quintessence. 2004.
- Ozar DT, Sokol DJ, Patthoff D. Dental Ethics at Chairside: Professional Obligations and Practical Applications, 3rd edition. Washington, DC. Georgetown University Press. 2018.