When I was a small kid with a desire to build I did not have the money nor the Dad to help build a car. So if you’re looking for free Pinewood Derby Car Templates Designs and Plans you ain the right place. We are fired-up to offer you the following free Pinewood Derby car templates and plans.
I’m fired-up to offer you the following free Pinewood Derby car templates and plans.
Our goal is spread the cool learning and craftsmanship that can happen to build a car to everyone not just Cub Scouts and ALL individuals should get these for free.
Do good and treat the world kindly.
- Click on car name to open the template in a PDF document
- Print template. After you print these plans make sure that the template dimensions are correct. Some printers and browsers alter image shape and size. If the dimensions are not accurate you may have to adjust your printer settings or compensate for the image size when you trace the body shape onto your block of wood.
- Remember, most Pinewood Derby rules specifically state that your overall car length must not be greater than 7” and the overall car body width (not including wheels) must be no greater than 1.75”
- Cut out the paper template.
- Hold or tape the template to your body block.
- Trace the outline onto the block with pencil. Cut out the wood body with a hand coping saw or band saw.
- File and sand body for greater detail and smoothness.
For Pinewood Derby car building and speed tips CLICK HERE
Some of the cars below are very low profile at only 5/16 ″ thick for extreme aerodynamics. These cars require tungsten cubes, spheres or putty for weight. Some of the cars are pictured with custom plastic accessory parts and/or decals. If needed, the weight, custom parts and certain decals are all available in the hackLAB shop
You may use the following templates for your own personal use or for the use of your scout pack or other youth organization. Any other reproduction or redistribution without the consent of the hackLAB is prohibited and not nice. All works in these templates and plans, including text and graphics, are the sole property of Context LLC.