[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Biofeedback for TMJ, Bruxism, Tinnitus and Headaches.
I’m encouraged and have had a reduction in these symptoms by using my own Biofeedback device. I have spent more than 2 years in development starting when I first got TMJ symptoms in 2015. I use Fusion 360 to Design, Flexible Bio-Safe 3D Filament and print my own Circuitry.
I’m hacking a biofeedback stress relief device for myself. Bruxism (teeth grinding or clenching) is a widespread epidemic condition that has been extensively researched and studied in the past. ( Ohayon et al., 2001 ). The causes of bruxism, tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in ears), TMJ and clenches are many, debatable and unclear. I am challenged with this condition, all the symptoms and stress is the main trigger for me, and not just bad stress, being excited about something in your sleep can cause you to clench as a response. I know, I have a video of me content looking and clenching. Silly I know, but confirmed.
- I realize there is a device in Germany for around $120 US, I used for 2 nights, loved it, however it stopped working and nor did it track my progress with data logging of clenches. It is not approved by FDA for US Sale so I cannot find another one on ebay or Craigslist. If you can buy it, great!! I want another one!!
- There are patents on similar devices but nothing on the US market approved as a Medical Class device. Search 1 Search 2
- Brock Predovich Founder / Inventor BruxRelief has a KickStarter with a cool product. Senses Muscle Activity (EMG then uses Bluetooth) Not sure if he has a patent, I’ve tried to contact him to ask.
- I also own a SleepGuard headband I bought for $300 US, I find it to be helpful however I have grown accustomed to the audible beep and no longer react to it. We need to control the feedback response media.
- I realize some of you will want to make your own device and hack this idea, please do so. However, it is extremely difficult to make a device that’s comfortable, resilient, safe and effective. I have spent more than 2 years in development starting when I 1st got TMJ symptoms in 2015. I use Fusion 360 to Design, Flexible Bio-Safe 3D Filament and print my own Circuitry.
If you’re interested in learning more, partnering or purchasing my research prototype work please contact me.
Disclaimer – The information provided here is untested in a clinical setting, you are solely responsible for any adverse affect of any device, kit, or creation you assemble. I am not making any claims, simply researching a solution for myself.
[av_contact email=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ title=’Contact hackLAB and Ryan’ button=’Submit’ on_send=” sent=’Your message has been sent!’ link=’manually,http://’ subject=” autorespond=’Thank you for contacting Ryan and the hackLAB. We are a group of makers that sole purpose is to sponsor and mentor young minds into the path of science, engineering, and design.
I’ll be back with you soon. – Ryan’ captcha=’active’ form_align=” color=” admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_contact_field label=’Name’ type=’text’ check=’is_empty’ options=” multi_select=” av_contact_preselect=” width=”][/av_contact_field]
[av_contact_field label=’E-Mail’ type=’text’ check=’is_email’ options=” multi_select=” av_contact_preselect=” width=”][/av_contact_field]
[av_contact_field label=’Subject’ type=’text’ check=’is_empty’ options=” multi_select=” av_contact_preselect=” width=”][/av_contact_field]
[av_contact_field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’ check=’is_empty’ options=” multi_select=” av_contact_preselect=” width=”][/av_contact_field]
[av_slideshow_accordion slide_type=’image-based’ link=’category’ wc_prod_visible=” prod_order_by=” prod_order=” items=’5′ offset=’0′ size=’featured’ autoplay=’false’ interval=’5′ title=’active’ accordion_align=” custom_title_size=” custom_excerpt_size=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=”]